Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Sapphire rear bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 28-11-2007, 05:44 PM
bpspa
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sapphire rear bumper removal

I'm trying to remove the rear bumper on my 2wd sapphire cossie, I have found the plastic side clips but it still won't budge.

Are there any other bolts or clips that I need to remove and where abouts are they?

Cheers

Ben
Old 28-11-2007, 06:02 PM
broos3
Regular Contributor

Location: Linlithgow and Drives a 1989 Flint Grey Sierra Cosworth

I take it you have turned the two plastic clips through 90 degrees? The ones behind the wheel arch liners on the bumper?

There are also two torx bolts that secure the bumper frame to the bottom of the floor pan. These are located under the boot carpet, one on each side infront of the rear lights.

Bruce
Old 28-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Yeh there are two 40 torx bits on the boot floor. I bet they are seized i had to drill mine out. I was fitting a new bumper cause my old 1 was cracked. If your fitting your bumper back on you will have to drill and retap the threads on the bumper brackets.
Old 29-11-2007, 07:16 AM
bpspa
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by broos3
I take it you have turned the two plastic clips through 90 degrees? The ones behind the wheel arch liners on the bumper?

There are also two torx bolts that secure the bumper frame to the bottom of the floor pan. These are located under the boot carpet, one on each side infront of the rear lights.

Bruce
Yep turned the plastic clips and got them off, just didn't see the torx bolts. Will have another look tonight, do I need to remove the rear lights to see the bolts?
Old 29-11-2007, 09:26 AM
broos3
Regular Contributor

Location: Linlithgow and Drives a 1989 Flint Grey Sierra Cosworth

Originally Posted by bpspa
Originally Posted by broos3

Bruce
Yep turned the plastic clips and got them off, just didn't see the torx bolts. Will have another look tonight, do I need to remove the rear lights to see the bolts?
As glen said above we think they a size 40 torx bits. No you dont have to remove the rear lights, the bolts are on the boot floor and fairly easy to spot after the carpet is up.

When the bolts are out, then slide the bumper off the rear of the car. If its abit sticky be patient and even spray some wd40 on the plastic sliders near the plastic clips you turned.

Bruce