Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

bit of help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:59 PM
groy90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bit of help needed

Hi everyone hoping i can get pointed in the right direction with a wee problem my cars developed (mk1 frs)

Seems to be some kind of wiring/earth problem so will try my best to explain it!

Started with a clicking noise that took me a while to realise it is the glove box light going on and off whilst driving. Usually after a few minutes of this the dash will cut out when you give it some boost (dials go all the way up, then back down to nothing for a few seconds and then it will come back into life) even when this doesnt happen all the lights will start flashing on and off (handbrake light, battery, abs etc)

Whilst driving at night all interior lighting and headlights will get brighter and dimmer. It generally gets dimmer whilst accelerating but can change and seems to do it randomly.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a simmilar problem before i start ripping it to pieces this weekend to find out whats wrong

cheers, Graeme
Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
RSargie
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's an earth wire on the nearside in the engine bay near the chargecooler. that's quite common for problemslikr that, also check the battery leads are good. The reason the clocks go round like that is because they are being reset.