Ford Focus RS This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus RS Range.

turbo probs :-(

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
scotty_focus_rs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo probs :-(

hi can anyone help i had blown my turbo on my focus rs i sent it of to essex turbos and they re-built it all and they put a 360 bearing and bigger sharft bigger acturator an better oil feed think they made it bigger or something not shore anyway its been a month and the cars starting to smoke when the revs come down again it was red hot but i managed to get under and took the pipe of to the air filter and there was a bit of play nothing bigtime and ive not got loads of mods ive got bluefin a de-cat pipe a piper cross viper air filter dv26 dump valve deso plugs thats it the turbo should not give up thatr quick should it i only use the car at weekends so thats 4 weekends and i always let it warm up before giving it some beans and leave it a good few mins before i turn it off can anyone help cheers scotty
Old 10-07-2007, 06:55 PM
zippy144
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Hi

Check the inlet pipe from the turbo, look for signs of excesive oil. I would expect their to be a bit of oil.

What colour smoke are you seeing????

When you run a de cat you will get a bit of smoke, as long as it is not a steam train..... LOL

If not the work on the turbo will be covered by some sort of warranty...

Regards

Tom aka Zippy
Old 10-07-2007, 07:03 PM
scotty_focus_rs

cheers for your reply zippy

i will check the pipe in a min if there is alot of oil does that mean the turbo has gone?

the smoke is blue its not like a steam train lol its just when im sitting there and i rev it a bit and when the revs come back down it pufs out

cheers scotty
Old 10-07-2007, 07:41 PM
scotty_focus_rs

just checked and there is no oil at all in that pipe and i took the pipe of to the air filter again to check how much play bit easyer now its cooled down a bit lol and its just a tiny bit of movement there is no oil in that side so i put that pipe back on and just unbolted the de-cat to see if there was any sighns of oil dont seem to be im confused of wy its smoking i give up so the car starts
Old 11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
zippy144
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Hi

DON'T PANIC......

By the sounds of it there is nothing wrong, all turbos will have a certain amount of play in the shaft depending when it is hot or cold. The smoke is very normal for a turbo car. And the main reason you see the smoke is because of the missing cat.

In answer to your question normally when a turbo goes their is lots of play in the shaft which allows oil into the intake. Hence why there would be blue smoke. You would normally see a drop in performance as well.

Regards

Tom aka Zippy
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 PM
scotty_focus_rs

haha i only panic because ive only just had the turbo fixed lol thanks for your help

after checking a few things over i started it and i noticed the smoke is more white like steam and the smoke when the revs come down smells sweet like its running rich think its time to get rid of that dv26 and put my forge recerc on

thanks again for your help
scotty