Ford Focus Diesel This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Focus Diesel Range.

Focus Tdci starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
brownie17366
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Focus Tdci starting problems

Hi there, This week my trusty 53 plate focus tdci let me down, I went to start it in the morning and it took loads of turning over to get it going. I drove it to work and the glow plug light started flashing on and off. then about a mile or so down the road (whilst the engine was under load) it cut out on me. it restarted ok so I drove it so managed to get to work. then the starting just got worse and worse and now it just will not start. I had a chap plug it in (when it was still running) and he said that the injectors where balanced ok and that I might want to take a look at the fuel inlet valve, I took this off and it seemed to be working ok, I changed the glow plugs just as matter of routine but still no difference. One thing that may be linked, It has been running very lumpy on idle recently (which make crawling along in traffic great fun!!)
The car has recently had a new fuel filter fitted (~4 mths ago) the camshaft position sensor has also been changed about 18 mths ago. The car has done about 165K miles.

Any help or suggestion are welcome - I am stuck!!