PassionFord      

Go Back   PassionFord > Ford car Forums listed by Model. > Ford Fiesta > Ford Fiesta
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos KBase Gold & Trader Accounts FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendor Directory
Search
Welcome to PassionFord

Ford Fiesta This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Fiesta (Non RS / ST) Range of cars.

submit to reddit

Old 30-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
shortxiv
Virgin

Trader Score: (0)
Default 2003 tdci 1.4 fiesta coolant temperature light always on

Hello all,

This is my dad's car and he was driving along the other day when the coolant warning light blinked on and off again...he drove on and it didn't come back. When he next went to use the car the coolant warning light was on all the time and the temperature guage was blinking with all of the little digital arrows being present. I went to take a look at his car and the coolant level was fine there's no leaks and driving it myself there's no sign of overheating plus the fans kick in when they're needed.

It's exactly the same as the gauge in this thread

http://www.talkford.com/topic/191521...-temp-warning/

I've been looking for a solution to this online and can't find anyone with a solution to the issue...few people asking but no one reporting a fix. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong so is is just some sort of glitch? Can I reset the light or do you think it's best to replace the coolant temperature sensor which is all I can think to be causing the problem? Unless someone knows something else and it's actually worse

Any help and input at all would be very useful and thanks in advance!
If you were logged in, you wouldn't be seeing this ad!
Register your free account today, or log in if you already have an account.
shortxiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
grishenko45
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Trader Score: (0)

wouldn't hurt to replace the temp sensor - it'll only be cheap too.
grishenko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 AM
PassionFord
Ford Focus

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
14, 2003, coolant, engine, fault, fiesta, flashing, flickering, ford, gauge, lamp, light, tdci, temp, temperature