PassionFord      


Go Back   PassionFord > Ford car Forums listed by Model. > Ford Escort RS Turbo
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Ford Escort RS Turbo This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Escort Rs Turbo Series 1 and 2.

Welcome to Passion Ford!
Welcome to Passion Ford.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Passion Ford today!


Reply
 
 
 
submit to reddit
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
Karlos G
Balls Deep!
 
Karlos G's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 8,894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default For anyone interested in a hydraulic clutch conversion.... NEW TIP! 18.04.10

We've all heard of the plastic quadrants snapping when we fit decent clutches, and so upgrade to an alloy one for £45, but that still leaves the problem of the cables snapping which IMO is more common!
So today I fitted the first part of a hydraulic conversion, BIG thanks to Crazycage for his info and advice!!
This can be done for less than £100 or less than £40 if you raid ebay for second hand master and slave cylinders!

Generic master cylinder from http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product...oducts_id=4053 fitted to my pedal using the 8mm pin that previously held the self adjusting ratchet at the top of the pedal, 55mm down from the pivital point (measured centre to centre of holes).....

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Big hole in bulkhead...

Click the image to open in full size.

Fit MC using top pedal box existing bolt and drill a fresh hole for the bottom one.....

Click the image to open in full size.

Refit pedal and adjust rod length/pedal height......

Click the image to open in full size.

Part one all done!

All that remains now is to fit the slave cylinder to the gearbox on a bracket, which is the easiest bit! But cant be done until my engine and gearbox is back in so that the clutch is under pressure.

Slave cylinder fitted today......

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

just need to weld the bottom part of the bracket to the main part, fit a longer bolt so I can have a nut on the other side of the arm, and make up the pipe from Master to Slave

NOTE!! Moving the SC all the way to the end of the release arm is a must! I did this today and the pedal is soooo much lighter!

Click the image to open in full size.
If you were logged in, you wouldn't be seeing this ad!
Register your free account today, or log in if you already have an account.
__________________
.....

Last edited by Karlos G; 29-04-2010 at 10:38 AM..
Karlos G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
martinmilne
Advanced PassionFord User
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Posts: 1,787
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to martinmilne
Default

very tidy mod good luck with the last bit let us know how good it is when all done
__________________
martinmilne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

its not that hard is it lol. too manny sheep on this site at times.
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
Karlos G
Balls Deep!
 
Karlos G's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 8,894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

It wasnt hard at all, fiddly under the dash as it always is lol
I cant wait to drive with it, and when I get round to doing the power steering the whole car will drive so much better!
As much as I like the raw feel of an oldskool motor, heavy/slow steering and hard clutch just make it difficult to drive/respond fast.
__________________
.....
Karlos G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
jonny s2's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (12)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ooooop north
Posts: 4,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i have a pedal box conversion done in mine with twin brake reservoirs,and the hydraulic clutch which has been custom made,but it has to be said crazy cage is a bloody genius well done
__________________
power is nothing without control
jonny s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

i would use a later ib5 gear casing now and have the starter at the rear away from the deadly heat from your down pipe and it will have the slave cylinder built in .

plus they have the bigger main shaft bearings.
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #7
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL
 
clarke5700's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: chingford e4
Posts: 5,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to clarke5700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
i would use a later ib5 gear casing now and have the starter at the rear away from the deadly heat from your down pipe and it will have the slave cylinder built in .

plus they have the bigger main shaft bearings.
does the standard gearbox cradle bolt up to the later ib5? are we talking about the ib5 from a ka??
__________________
" im special,, excuse my spellings"
clarke5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke5700 View Post
does the standard gearbox cradle bolt up to the later ib5? are we talking about the ib5 from a ka??
yes it does its a bit like a s1 casing, you can use the focus 1.6 box or the ka
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Posts: 15,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rick
Default



Mine is awesome with this conversion What size master cylinder have you got? My clutch is soo nice and light using the MTX box.

Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
clarke5700
YES I KNOW I CANT SPELL
 
clarke5700's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: chingford e4
Posts: 5,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to clarke5700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
yes it does its a bit like a s1 casing, you can use the focus 1.6 box or the ka
mint somethink to keep in mined
__________________
" im special,, excuse my spellings"
clarke5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #11
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
andy130's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ireland
Posts: 5,406
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

am doing this to my frst as the clutch is a cunt to use, its one of those things u need to do when uprating a rst clutch in my eyes
andy130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
jonny s2's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (12)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ooooop north
Posts: 4,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

does this mean the ib5 is slightly stronger than the b5
__________________
power is nothing without control
jonny s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #13
DNA Tuner
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!
 
DNA Tuner's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: great wyrley
Posts: 78
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

great conversion, iv had the ratchet problem in the past so i can see that this is very worth while mod, i went through a far few bc boxes within a year on my ERST so i found a 1.4 mk6 escort ib5 box with 80k on it, and its outlived all the bc's put together, hope the hydraulic ib5 conversion goes just as easy for you.

What car are you taking the hydraulic ib5 out of, focus fiesta puma or ka, just wondering because of the ratios?
DNA Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #14
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny s2 View Post
does this mean the ib5 is slightly stronger than the b5
a little yes ,but there still a shit box if you want big power ,thats why i went to the focus rs box on mine and ricks .

mine has been taking a pounding all year and still feels like new and done plenty hard launches at the pod with fat r888s .

plus there cable shift and have a bigger clutch im not on a paddle yet with around 350hp.
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #15
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore
 
muz's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hereford/Colchester
Posts: 3,870
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to muz
Default

I'll be watching this ....
__________________


"BRAVERY IS THE CAPACITY TO PERFORM PROPERLY EVEN WHEN SCARED HALF TO DEATH"
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #16
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
jonny s2's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (12)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ooooop north
Posts: 4,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
a little yes ,but there still a shit box if you want big power ,thats why i went to the focus rs box on mine and ricks .

mine has been taking a pounding all year and still feels like new and done plenty hard launches at the pod with fat r888s .

plus there cable shift and have a bigger clutch im not on a paddle yet with around 350hp.
yeah the mtx box is supposed to be real strong,im planning a getrag st170 in mine they supposed to be bullet proof too
__________________
power is nothing without control
jonny s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #17
DNA Tuner
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!
 
DNA Tuner's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: great wyrley
Posts: 78
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny s2 View Post
yeah the mtx box is supposed to be real strong,im planning a getrag st170 in mine they supposed to be bullet proof too

good thing is that the st170 box goes for between £150 and £250 on ebay with low miles, bad thing is trying to find them with their shift cables
DNA Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
Karlos G
Balls Deep!
 
Karlos G's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 8,894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
yes it does its a bit like a s1 casing, you can use the focus 1.6 box or the ka
Will my Quaife ATB diff fit in a IB5 box, and these later IB5's with built in slaves are a direct fit?? Same flywheel clutch etc..??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post


Mine is awesome with this conversion What size master cylinder have you got? My clutch is soo nice and light using the MTX box.

Rick
0.75 Rick.
__________________
.....
Karlos G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #19
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny s2 View Post
yeah the mtx box is supposed to be real strong,im planning a getrag st170 in mine they supposed to be bullet proof too
they are but the ratios are pants and they don't come with a diff and you need a billet fly wheel as you cant use the standard one and you have less options on clutches so work out much more expensive but don't let me put you off theres a few people that run them sas and luca.
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #20
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos G View Post
Will my Quaife ATB diff fit in a IB5 box, and these later IB5's with built in slaves are a direct fit?? Same flywheel clutch etc..??

0.75 Rick.
yea a direct fit and your clutch and flywheel will be fine, the diff will fit but im sure you need to re drill the crown wheel tho , jamsport put escort lsd's im them in there st150 fiestas and thats the same box.
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #21
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
jonny s2's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (12)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ooooop north
Posts: 4,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA Tuner View Post
good thing is that the st170 box goes for between £150 and £250 on ebay with low miles, bad thing is trying to find them with their shift cables
shift cables can be had for £30 new,i have found a guy selling complete kit for £300 everything to go just need to modify shafts,and an electric speedo
__________________
power is nothing without control
jonny s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #22
Karlos G
Balls Deep!
 
Karlos G's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 8,894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
yea a direct fit and your clutch and flywheel will be fine, the diff will fit but im sure you need to re drill the crown wheel tho , jamsport put escort lsd's im them in there st150 fiestas and thats the same box.
So one of these fuckers.......
Click the image to open in full size.

Mod the crown wheel, fit my ATB, job done? Drive shafts fit? Speedo cable?
What about the selecta mechanism, dont these use some sort of cable arangement rather then rods? Whats would the plan there be? Fit a focus gearstick? I'm using a short shift kit ATM would be a shame to lose it.
__________________
.....

Last edited by Karlos G; 25-10-2009 at 06:52 PM..
Karlos G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #23
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
jonny s2's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (12)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ooooop north
Posts: 4,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
they are but the ratios are pants and they don't come with a diff and you need a billet fly wheel as you cant use the standard one and you have less options on clutches so work out much more expensive but don't let me put you off theres a few people that run them sas and luca.
yeah they do start to get pricey,but must be better than an uprated b5 which would still be like a ticking time bomb after you spend a fortune,my brother was telling me the other day that the ratios wernt too clever,i wouldnt mind a quaife b5 but they too pricey and are for circuit racing only
__________________
power is nothing without control
jonny s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #24
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore
 
muz's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hereford/Colchester
Posts: 3,870
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to muz
Default

I wish I'd looked into an MTX or ST gearbox instead of buying my Quaife straight cut BC box. Something to think about WHEN mine shits itself down the line
__________________


"BRAVERY IS THE CAPACITY TO PERFORM PROPERLY EVEN WHEN SCARED HALF TO DEATH"
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #25
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos G View Post
So one of these fuckers.......
Click the image to open in full size.

Mod the crown wheel, fit my ATB, job done? Drive shafts fit? Speedo cable?
What about the selecta mechanism, dont these use some sort of cable arangement rather then rods? Whats would the plan there be? Fit a focus gearstick? I'm using a short shift kit ATM would be a shame to lose it.
shit no my mistake !! if you used the focus box you would need the the stick and cables and the speedo is electric sorry.

but the puma and ka are later fiesta mk4-5 are rod .
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #26
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
I wish I'd looked into an MTX or ST gearbox instead of buying my Quaife straight cut BC box. Something to think about WHEN mine shits itself down the line
why whats your power and torque?
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #27
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
jonny s2's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (12)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ooooop north
Posts: 4,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

muz what is the quaife like to drive with,i wouldnt mind one of those for ease of fit quite like the noise too
__________________
power is nothing without control
jonny s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #28
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore
 
muz's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hereford/Colchester
Posts: 3,870
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to muz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
why whats your power and torque?
I'm expecting around 300 BHP with 350LBS of tourque

Jonny, gearbox is still down with jano @ Oddkidd creations, haven't picked it up yet, but one things for sure it will sound balistic! Top speeds about 115-120MPH I'm told.
__________________


"BRAVERY IS THE CAPACITY TO PERFORM PROPERLY EVEN WHEN SCARED HALF TO DEATH"
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #29
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny s2 View Post
muz what is the quaife like to drive with,i wouldnt mind one of those for ease of fit quite like the noise too
they take a bit of getting use to ,the first time i hit a bend and put the power on i shit my self and lifted off they pull you into the corner not like the lsd that pulls you to the outside of the bend, but that was just because i didnt know it was going to do that and i was putting 350hp down in 4th gear at about 85mph at the time.

p-s i thought you were on about the atb not the gear kit my bad.

Last edited by crazycage; 25-10-2009 at 07:10 PM..
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #30
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
I'm expecting around 300 BHP with 350LBS of tourque

Jonny, gearbox is still down with jano @ Oddkidd creations, haven't picked it up yet, but one things for sure it will sound balistic! Top speeds about 115-120MPH I'm told.
keep your fingers crossed if you drive it hard. the gear kit is only rated to 175hp but you would think they will take more.
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #31
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
jonny s2's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (12)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ooooop north
Posts: 4,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i remember a mercury grey s2 up our way he had the straight cut box, and sounded something else
__________________
power is nothing without control
jonny s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #32
Karlos G
Balls Deep!
 
Karlos G's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 8,894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
shit no my mistake !! if you used the focus box you would need the the stick and cables and the speedo is electric sorry.

but the puma and ka are later fiesta mk4-5 are rod .
LOL No worries!
So one of these puma 1.7 box...
Click the image to open in full size.

or Fiesta 1.3.....
Click the image to open in full size.

what are the ratio's like? Surely the Puma box will be the one to go for?
Although doing this means getting fucking 5th gear off again to swap diff's over
__________________
.....
Karlos G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #33
jonny s2
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
jonny s2's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (12)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ooooop north
Posts: 4,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
they take a bit of getting use to ,the first time i hit a bend and put the power on i shit my self and lifted off they pull you into the corner not like the lsd that pulls you to the outside of the bend, but that was just because i didnt know it was going to do that and i was putting 350hp down in 4th gear at about 85mph at the time.

p-s i thought you were on about the atb not the gear kit my bad.
its all good mate,i am looking into the atb also i would defo need this for my next gearbox and you have give me some good info,i will consider the focus rs box as well as you have said it has better ratios then the 170
__________________
power is nothing without control
jonny s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #34
Chris69
Advanced PassionFord User
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,958
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

great work guys, its amazing it can be done so cheaply if you know wot your doing
__________________
Chris69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #35
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore
 
muz's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hereford/Colchester
Posts: 3,870
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to muz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycage View Post
keep your fingers crossed if you drive it hard. the gear kit is only rated to 175hp but you would think they will take more.
It should hold up hopefully. Should be stronger than a CTS S2+ anyway. They vastley under-rate their parts for warentee perposes I was told to cover their backs if something breaks. I dont launch my car hard from every traffic light I see anyway

A hydralic clutch would be nice to do away with the MK5 quad anyway...
__________________


"BRAVERY IS THE CAPACITY TO PERFORM PROPERLY EVEN WHEN SCARED HALF TO DEATH"
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #36
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos G View Post
LOL No worries!
So one of these puma 1.7 box...
Click the image to open in full size.

or Fiesta 1.3.....
Click the image to open in full size.

what are the ratio's like? Surely the Puma box will be the one to go for?
Although doing this means getting fucking 5th gear off again to swap diff's over
yes thats the one i would use but you would have to look up the ratios as i dont know what they are.

or you could just use your box and make a bracket for the slave cylinder totally upto you but there is benefits in using the puma box.
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #37
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Posts: 15,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rick
Default

Karlos,

the cable shift is a piece of piss. The fiesta/focus gear stick mechanism lines up with 3 of the holes already, you can drill the 4th or leave it. Then you need to cut a hole in the floor under the dash for the cables to pass through, and then they just clip on. MUCH nicer change than the rod mechanism.

Gary - think we have an IB5 cable and stick don't we?

Std speedo won't work though, as no mechanical cable.

Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #38
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
crazycage's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: merseyside
Posts: 4,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Karlos,

the cable shift is a piece of piss. The fiesta/focus gear stick mechanism lines up with 3 of the holes already, you can drill the 4th or leave it. Then you need to cut a hole in the floor under the dash for the cables to pass through, and then they just clip on. MUCH nicer change than the rod mechanism.

Gary - think we have an IB5 cable and stick don't we?

Std speedo won't work though, as no mechanical cable.

Rick
yes we a few dont we lol
crazycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #39
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Posts: 15,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rick
Default

Puma linkage is a REALLY nice short throw change...
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #40
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!
 
Trader Score: (2)
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London
Posts: 6,387
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I will be looking to do this soon. Good pics!
__________________
1968 Mk2 Cortina - Zetec turbo - 329bhp at 14psi so far...
XRT_si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 07:40 PM
PassionFord
Ford Focus




Paid Advertisement


 
 
 
submit to reddit
Reply

Tags
cable, clutch, clutches, conversion, cosworth, cylinder, diy, escort, fitting, focus, ford, hydraulic, hydrulic, rs, turbo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hydraulic clutch conversion ybturbo General Car Related Discussion. 1 23-09-2009 01:21 PM
Cosworth 6 Paddle Clutch and Reyland Hydraulic Clutch Conversion turbomook Cars & Parts Wanted. 1 17-03-2009 02:50 PM
hydraulic clutch conversion stevieel Technical help Q & A 7 19-02-2008 10:39 AM
hydraulic clutch conversion Niall.b General Car Related Discussion. 23 04-07-2005 08:51 PM
hydraulic clutch conversion for T5 Vic General Car Related Discussion. 7 29-05-2005 03:31 PM

Advertising - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - JOBS



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 AM.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.