Computers, Consoles and I.T. Post all computer related chat in here for our I.T techies to help with. Please be aware that any discussions related to piracy will be removed and render the member liable to a possible ban. Piracy renders PassionFord Admin liable for prosecution, as well as its members.

The "What are you playing" 2015 thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Default The "What are you playing" 2015 thread

As above, I'm getting a bit bored being a lone wanderer on the ol' PC now, 95% of my friends are consoles kids.

So, what are we playing at the minute?

I've been putting a lot of time into DA Inquisition lately, it's got a great story line and gives you a real sense of leadership. Combat needs a little polishing IMO though.

I'm also a long term Planetside 2 player, NC based on Woodman if any of you are on it, if not and you like BIG FPS games then I highly recommend it, plus it's free.

War Thunder is another I regularly play.

Getting a little bored though so need some recommendations!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Long term casual wow player, also spend a huge chunk of my time on starcraft 2 as i love RTS games. Just lately though i've been enjoying Robocraft, free to play on steam and a bit of fun!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:11 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Originally Posted by Turbo Zetec
Long term casual wow player, also spend a huge chunk of my time on starcraft 2 as i love RTS games. Just lately though i've been enjoying Robocraft, free to play on steam and a bit of fun!
Ah I was a big WoW player back in WoTL/Cata, especially PVP but I just couldn't get properly into it when they changed things for MoP.

Never played Starcraft, looks good though! I saw that Robocraft, looks good fun, I love Kerbal Space Program so might give it a go.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

I tried DA inquisition. Just couldn't get into it. Played a few hours and it just wasn't going anywhere.

I've been playing a bit of Alien Isolation. Its very slow paced which isn't to some peoples tastes, however they nailed the Alien and the general feeling of dread that comes with it.

Really enjoyed "The fall". Even though it only took me around 2 hours to finish.

Also Shadow of Mordor. Tight, fluid combat and the nemisis system makes for some interesting encounters. Medicore story and maps but that didnt stop me from having alot of fun with it.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:54 AM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
I tried DA inquisition. Just couldn't get into it. Played a few hours and it just wasn't going anywhere.

I've been playing a bit of Alien Isolation. Its very slow paced which isn't to some peoples tastes, however they nailed the Alien and the general feeling of dread that comes with it.

Really enjoyed "The fall". Even though it only took me around 2 hours to finish.

Also Shadow of Mordor. Tight, fluid combat and the nemisis system makes for some interesting encounters. Medicore story and maps but that didnt stop me from having alot of fun with it.
Did you get out of the Hinterlands on DAI? I can't stress enough how dull and boring that place is in comparison to everywhere else, give it another shot and go to the Storm Coast.

I don't do well with jumpy games, I'd be Alt F4-ing all the time

Might have a look at Shadow of Mordor.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

What the hell are you lot on about .

I live in the real world of people & personal interactions not a Cyber world that don't actually exist.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:42 AM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry

I live in the real world of people & personal interactions not a Cyber world that don't actually exist.
Times have changed since having having to play with with a fucking cup and ball

Trending Topics

Old 04-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

So you've never watched a film? or read a book?

You must have got a lot of mileage out of that stick and hoop.

Also, love the irony of that statement being posted on an internet forum

Last edited by Chopshop85; 04-02-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 PM
oibren85
If in Doubt Flat Out...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Currently i'm playing Assetto Corsa. Its a quality racing sim and has a great feel to the cars. It sucks a lot of VRAM but its worth it. Online needs a bit of polishing to get it up to spec but its still in its infancy so give it time and it'll be great. Think i'm going to download Elite as Stu has mentioned its pretty good and worth a squirt.

Dont get on the FPS much now and not really a RPG guy although beleive a new Warhammer game is on the horizon so that should be worth a crack.

As for Rod, I dont understand why you would comment, your obviously not into it or anything so surely closing the tab and moving on would be easier then making yourself look a moron.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Turbo Zetec
Engine Machinist

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I actually met some people from the internet once... turns out they were real and normal.

I played WoW (that's World of Warcraft Rod) heavily during WotLK (Wrath of the Lich King), Cataclysm kind of ruined it for me, but i've stuck at it mainly because of the people i met. Robocraft is worth a go, i've been meaning to try Kerbal Space Program too.

I've always had a thing for RTS (real time strategy) games, i played them from around 1997 until now. My all time favourite being Total Annihilation. I do play Call of Duty occasionally, but that's on my Playstation 3.

Was that any easier for you Rod?
Old 04-02-2015, 01:22 PM
oibren85
If in Doubt Flat Out...

I've always had a thing for RTS (real time strategy) games, i played them from around 1997 until now. My all time favourite being Total Annihilation.
Total Annihilation was epic, remember all the add on bots you could download and make the game massive.

I play Supreme Commander and its add ons when I play RTS's now as its as close to TA as you can get. Wish they would bring out another C&C that isnt cartoony and has a good cast of actors for the cut scenes. They used to be brilliant games when Westwood had them. EA kinda messed them up for me.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:49 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

I played WoW (that's World of Warcraft Rod) heavily during WotLK (Wrath of the Lich King), Cataclysm kind of ruined it for me, but i've stuck at it mainly because of the people i met. Robocraft is worth a go, i've been meaning to try Kerbal Space Program too.

I've always had a thing for RTS (real time strategy) games, i played them from around 1997 until now. My all time favourite being Total Annihilation. I do play Call of Duty occasionally, but that's on my Playstation 3.

Was that any easier for you Rod?
KSP has to be one the finest/polished/bug free BETA games I've ever played, it's now in ALPHA with much more content than when I last played.

I used to be big into Empire games, Dawn of the Modern World was great, and I still don't think AoE 3 can be beaten. Never played CC though

Originally Posted by oibren85
Total Annihilation was epic, remember all the add on bots you could download and make the game massive.

I play Supreme Commander and its add ons when I play RTS's now as its as close to TA as you can get. Wish they would bring out another C&C that isnt cartoony and has a good cast of actors for the cut scenes. They used to be brilliant games when Westwood had them. EA kinda messed them up for me.
When didn't EA mess things up
Old 04-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Many of the westwood team have recently got back together to form Petroglyph Games. They relased "Grey Goo" a few weeks ago. Its getting pretty good reviews.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:47 PM
oibren85
If in Doubt Flat Out...

I'll have a look at grey goo. See what its like. Shame they dont do demo discs anymore!

I'm going to be upgrading my PC end of this year and keep toying with building one of these indesk ones and come up with a bit of a unique design. Like the L3p Desk etc. and see what mess I can get into.

With games moving on thick and fast i'm in need of spending a fair amount and might as well do something different.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:24 AM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Sat trawling through Steam for something new to get, absolutely no idea what I want to play though! Been back on Planetside 2 again and have been enjoying the tank side of Warthunder, but fancy something different..
Old 07-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I've been really ill this week so had a bit of time sat about and dumped a bit more time into DA inquisition. Really starting to enjoy it now its opened up a bit.

As for stuff to play, its been a real drought when it comes to new stuff on PC at the moment.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:46 PM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
I've been really ill this week so had a bit of time sat about and dumped a bit more time into DA inquisition. Really starting to enjoy it now its opened up a bit.

As for stuff to play, its been a real drought when it comes to new stuff on PC at the moment.
Told you! I'm still getting a Direct X crash so haven't been on it
Old 07-03-2015, 07:05 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CSGO can't stop atm
Old 10-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

Long term casual wow player,

still on it most nights, although bf4 is getting a hammering again, kinda looking forward to hardline if ea manage to stop banning my account everyweek because their departments only communicate on a Friday
Old 20-06-2015, 02:09 AM
Hobomassiv
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danneth
CSGO can't stop atm
Whats your rank? Would be nice to have some English players on instead of all the random Swedes etc I have added.
Old 20-06-2015, 09:46 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by CrOwSoN15
As above, I'm getting a bit bored being a lone wanderer on the ol' PC now, 95% of my friends are consoles kids.

So, what are we playing at the minute?

I've been putting a lot of time into DA Inquisition lately, it's got a great story line and gives you a real sense of leadership. Combat needs a little polishing IMO though.

I'm also a long term Planetside 2 player, NC based on Woodman if any of you are on it, if not and you like BIG FPS games then I highly recommend it, plus it's free.

War Thunder is another I regularly play.

Getting a little bored though so need some recommendations!
if its crew/friends based stuff your after get with the times and get a next generation console . hours of endless 30 players crew v crew fights and much fun and abuse to be had over the headsets with randoms from all over the world.....and ive met real life people from it as well for when you want to impress your granddad !
Old 20-06-2015, 10:28 AM
PaulinhoT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 148 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm a sim racer, PC based, and at the moment I'm really into Race Room by Sector 3. My car of the moment is the Lada used in the 2014 WTCC
Old 05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator

well hardline was a massive disappointment, so back to bf4
Old 05-07-2015, 01:54 PM
RSTdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im mainly on Forza Motorsport 5 on Xbox one (God i cant wait for Forza 6)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:56 AM
BigErn
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I switch the XBox 360 one a couple of times a year at best, not exactly an avid gamer , but just finished Assassins Creed 3. Simply because one of the kids had it and I was bored and looking for something to do so thought why not. I enjoyed it that much I bought Black Flag for about a fiver and might get round to playing that some day

I do call to see a mate now and then and we often end up playing Forza 5 on his Xbox One and its pretty good.