Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

4 door 2wd Cossie, what upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 09:42 PM
lesley7
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wessa
Ray, im sure mine may have been one of his as there are not that many here. As you can imagine, NZ is a big place but also small towns are very small town here. I have only just got hold of my Cossie and don't really know the Cossie community yet but if you have anymore information where he lives etc i could do some searching for you for sure, no worries.
thanks wessa for getting back philip lived in hamilton was married to angie oliver if yours was one that viv exported i might have driven it to the docks i took a few white ones for him the best upgrade you can do is a hydrolic clutch conversion if your handy with the spanners its not a bad job to do your self theres a couple ways of doing it one way you dont have to take the box out ive recently done mine i dont usally say the fraze but its so sweet its the only word that describes it any more info would be great thanks ray
Old 13-12-2016, 02:41 AM
Wessa
Regular Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lesley7
thanks wessa for getting back philip lived in hamilton was married to angie oliver if yours was one that viv exported i might have driven it to the docks i took a few white ones for him the best upgrade you can do is a hydrolic clutch conversion if your handy with the spanners its not a bad job to do your self theres a couple ways of doing it one way you dont have to take the box out ive recently done mine i dont usally say the fraze but its so sweet its the only word that describes it any more info would be great thanks ray

Im sure the clutch upgrade will be on the todo list somewhere.
As for Philip and Angie, all i can do is ask people when i get to enquire about stuff. You may want to try these guys http://www.lodgeautocentre.co.nz/ as they sold it to the guy i bought it from and did alot of work to my car. Apparently im the third owner in NZ since 96 so im sure someone may know Philip somehow.
They are a few hours from Hamilton.
I will always ask whoever i speak to in the cossie world here.
Would be good if you found him right.
Old 13-12-2016, 09:19 AM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 399 Likes on 363 Posts

Wessa Just looked on the lodgeautocenter site, seems like they would be the place to get parts from local to you and where I would be taking my Saff if I lived there. You have to find someone who knows Cosworths inside out who can be trusted to do a good job and I reckon they would be the ones.
The following users liked this post:
Wessa (13-12-2016)
Old 13-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Wessa
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by cossynut2
Wessa Just looked on the lodgeautocenter site, seems like they would be the place to get parts from local to you and where I would be taking my Saff if I lived there. You have to find someone who knows Cosworths inside out who can be trusted to do a good job and I reckon they would be the ones.

Just one last question mate. What make of accuator do you think i have and is it much different from a standard one?
Cheers
Old 13-12-2016, 09:21 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 399 Likes on 363 Posts

Just one last question mate. What make of accuator do you think i have and is it much different from a standard one?
Cheers
It looks exactly like the blue ones that lodgeautocenter sell. Give them a call and ask them what they sell. Aftermarket actuators are usually -31 or -34 depending on the turbo. They are one small part of an engine power upgrade but maybe there is one one your engine because the original one packed up. They are just a modern version of the original type. I havent got one on mine and it runs fine.

My actuator is what I call a standard looking one.
Old 14-12-2016, 12:26 AM
Wessa
Regular Contributor

Cheers Mate.
Will give them a call.
Old 14-12-2016, 12:47 AM
lesley7
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im sure the clutch upgrade will be on the todo list somewhere.
As for Philip and Angie, all i can do is ask people when i get to enquire about stuff. You may want to try these guys http://www.lodgeautocentre.co.nz/ as they sold it to the guy i bought it from and did alot of work to my car. Apparently im the third owner in NZ since 96 so im sure someone may know Philip somehow.
They are a few hours from Hamilton.
I will always ask whoever i speak to in the cossie world here.
Would be good if you found him right.
thanks for your help wessa its more my freind viv they became good buisness pals i met philip a coupl of times he a bit of a charictor we broke down on the m4 once with a cossie that philip had bought from london viv had bought two as well but had saled on not realised we broke down so we called the aa out phil got bored and shined up this motor way sighn post the patrol bloke turned up took one look at that daft twat up the post and fucked of left us there i was jumping we started to walk 3 am to the next phone box we came across a broken down renault were still on the hard shoulder phil thinks he can get into it and i can fix it because im a mechanic after about 15 mins im having nothing to do with this he get in next minute i hear aahh gee ray someones nicked the f...ing wheels of the other side being pitch black on the other side we didnt no
Old 14-12-2016, 12:35 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

thanks for your help wessa its more my freind viv they became good buisness pals i met philip a coupl of times he a bit of a charictor we broke down on the m4 once with a cossie that philip had bought from london viv had bought two as well but had saled on not realised we broke down so we called the aa out phil got bored and shined up this motor way sighn post the patrol bloke turned up took one look at that daft twat up the post and fucked of left us there i was jumping we started to walk 3 am to the next phone box we came across a broken down renault were still on the hard shoulder phil thinks he can get into it and i can fix it because im a mechanic after about 15 mins im having nothing to do with this he get in next minute i hear aahh gee ray someones nicked the f...ing wheels of the other side being pitch black on the other side we didnt no
Old 14-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Wessa
Regular Contributor

hello wessa im ray from the uk im trying to get hold of a chap called philip oliver he used to inport sierra cosworths from my freind who allso lives in the uk philip comes from new zealand in the late 90/early 2000 i wounder if yours was one of them im sorry this nothing to do with your thread my freind must have sent twenty ranging from rs 500/2wd/4wd philip is a smashing bloke would be about fifty any help would be great could you pass on this to a cossie forum down there if theres such thing but we fear the worst because theres no reason for him not to get in touch i allso run a 2wd saff theres so much you can do to them thanks in advance there must be owners down yours that still have them who bought of philip
Lesley, just thinking about it, you may also want to ask on the RS Owners club NZ.