General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What's your worst mistake at work??

Search this Thread

Old 28-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another bad mistake was made by an East Midlands depot driver at Neville Hill (The maintenance depot where all our units are based for our traincrew Leeds depot) - on his 8th night shift, he fell asleep while shunting an HST set from 8/1 road to the west console in order to stop and get permission to go into the shunt neck to bring the set back out and put it in the reception road. Unfortunately for MDD driver he fell asleep with the throttle on notch 1 and crashed into the side of another HST set that was emerging out of the shunt neck and caused quite a bit of damage:

That caused quite a bit of damage and the chap was handed his P45 over that little incident Recent too - 17th November last year

Edited to add - The only injury from this was the chap working in the West Console who controls the moves - He dropped his pack of biscuits on the floor and spirt his mug of tea all over himself

Last edited by Graceland; 28-03-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 28-03-2010, 09:28 AM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

I've never done ought bad. But a bloke at our work put a building up wrong way round
Old 28-03-2010, 10:00 AM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

i was doing a repair on a big air con unit for forensic science service in one of there comms rooms i had reclaimed all the gas 47kg of R407 gas as i had to replace the compresssor and replace some pipe work well there is a lot of pipes in this room started cuting the pipe out all good then it turnd and went under a comms cab on the right side of all the uver pipes so round the uver side i went had a look and was happy that i was about to cut the right pipes well wot i did not no there were more pipes that came up under the comms cabs and were heading the same way well i cut the first pipe game over 47Kg of gas filled the room which set of the gas alarm down stairs then that set the fire alarm which lead to 3. fire engines turning up and 6. police cars the only good bit was it was a satday so there was only a small about of staff on sight that day i then had it in the ear from the office as they had to replace the gas free . iv never been told if any one got the bill for the fire engines and police . i felt such a prick that day

Last edited by COLEYST200; 28-03-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 28-03-2010, 11:05 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Graceland
I could write a book of all the shit that goes on on the railway and you wouldn't even believe half of what goes on - I'm sure Steve (Cossie4i) would have a few god stories of bollocks being dropped too and things going wrong :P
I could tell a of a few cock ups lol

Lucky to still have my job after one incident when i was 20

Had a couple of locos in the dirt, one i just left the other backed up and re-railed itself

Had the electric jumper fall down between units once and had no electric brake on the rear 4 coaches just as i was stopping at a terminus station, stopped a few mm off the stops in a big heap after putting it in emergency, not one passenger moaned at the rough stop,if only they knew how lucky they was.

Lots of other things as well

Steve
Old 28-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cossie4i
I could tell a of a few cock ups lol

Lucky to still have my job after one incident when i was 20

Had a couple of locos in the dirt, one i just left the other backed up and re-railed itself

Had the electric jumper fall down between units once and had no electric brake on the rear 4 coaches just as i was stopping at a terminus station, stopped a few mm off the stops in a big heap after putting it in emergency, not one passenger moaned at the rough stop,if only they knew how lucky they was.

Lots of other things as well

Steve
Steve, any chance you can send me your work rota and routes you are driving so that I can avoid you like the fucking plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 28-03-2010, 11:54 AM
cjwood555
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably building an entire touring sound system for stereo operation when it was meant to be mono... That wasted quuuiiiiitee a lot of the tech sessions :-s
Old 28-03-2010, 01:12 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
Steve, any chance you can send me your work rota and routes you are driving so that I can avoid you like the fucking plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drive trains in Kent and Essex so you will be ok lol

Steve