Ford Classics & Vintage Discuss all other Ford cars here, from the classics to Vintage to the Australian and American Fords!

Mk 3 Granada / Scorpio Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 17-07-2018, 06:39 PM
cieranc
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk 3 Granada / Scorpio Wiring

Howdy all, been away from here for a decade now.
The unit opposite mine is occupied by a couple of banger racing lads. Few days ago a 94 Scorpio 2.9i turned up outside the unit.
Was fair tidy, but a non-runner. Top of the range jobby, electric heated seats, air-con etc etc. Looked too tidy to race so I made an offer on it.
It's sat in my unit now

Non runner because, apparently, the in-tank fuel pump packed up so the old boy who owned it just laid it up in his garage for a few years.
I've been going through the ropey wiring diagrams in the back of the haynes manual, it shows wring from the relay to the pump, but in another part of the manual it shows an inertia switch fitted. I can't find the inertia switch shown on any of the wiring diagrams.

Anyone know where I can get a full wiring diagram for it?
Would like to case everything through and make sure 100% that it is the pump thats failed, before dropping the tank

Cheers
Old 18-07-2018, 06:47 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

on the earlier ones the switch was in the boot shut, next to the latch

but on the later ones i think they moved it so can't be too sure where it is other than they used to be in one of the kick panels at the front

the alarm might also be a cause, they are armed/disarmed by the switches surrounding the door lock barrels so it's a case of removing the door cards to get to them though