Technical help Q & A Got A technical problem with you car? Keep it in here where the techies hang out and we will try to solve it for you!!

Mondeo TDCI injector variations

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 PM
smiley111
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mondeo TDCI injector variations

Hi,

I've been struggling getting my car going since fitting a new engine, After alot of painstaking testing it now transpires that because the injectors were left out of the car for a few months whilst the change was taking place they have all jammed up.

I believed i had fitted a 115 bhp engine as my car (54 Reg) was, however i believe the new engine may be a 130bhp. I thought no big deal because I believed the block and the head to be identical, however the injection place that tested the injectors said there are 2 or 3 types depending on exact engine and the vaiance being the nozzle length, Trawling e bay i see 2 different nozzle lengths. hence I'm now thinking the Blocks and heads are not identical!

My question is really how do i know which injectors are correct not being sure what the engine is! Is there any easy way to find out by looking at the engine? I'm guessing injectors with the short nozzle fitted in an engine that requires the long will not run due to the fuel not being sprayed as required due to the fuel hitting the side of the combustion chamber incorrectly etc, but would long ones in an engine that should take short ones work? or will the pistons simply smash into them!?

Sorry for being a bit long winded, Any thoughts greatly received..

Thanks Miles