View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 09:47 PM
MAD ANDY
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeRST
Im a long distance lorry driver and i only get out of the thing if im on a break, i drover from manchester to Aylesford and back the Mon-Tue which was over 12 hours driving... The only thing i find that helps is to keep moving, adjusting youre postion.....i too pid to see a doc and it worked for a bit as i was weight training at the time, now i just kinda put up with it....
agree with what ya saying, but as a lorry driver i'm assuming the seats are designed for long journeys anyway and so are probably far superior back support than any car seat ever would be, but still over a long period you still need some help! My issue is the seat in the Mondeo is not the same curviture (spelling?) as the back is, hence over a very short period it is starting to cause problems, hence no amount of moving or getting out will alter it

I remember years ago doing 900+ miles in ONE day, in a Laguna diesel estate, started off at 4.30am and finished off at 7pm+ yet still managed to get straight out, check in to hotel and get changed then go clubbing, yet at the mo, 20mins in the Mondeo and I'm thrutching about altering the seat position. A mate who has recently received a Skoda Octavia company car mentioned he test drove a Mondeo and although he loved it, found it too soft on the seats, yet loved his Skoda. Sat in his Audi with a Skoda badge (cos essentially thats what it was! After recently having a company Audi A4 for 3 months, inside it was identical if not better!) I totally agreed and with his nice supportive seas, almost got jealous of his Skoda

Rudey, my missus mentions she does a similar thing to the spine/towel thing you mentioned but said she does this long ways down the spine, not cross ways from side to side at the lumbar region, can you confirm which way you mean?

cheers