View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 07:23 PM
DaveEscos
BANNED
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ooooh! my first big update. Sadly nopthing to do with the engine. It hasnt been taken to its place of re-bith.... yet!

Still... yesterdya i received my new WRC parts. Front bumper and rear spoiler my new front Diff.. and some pulleys so onward with the update

heres my newly rebuilt Diff with quaiffe internals hopefully should handle the new power on its way to it

shown here is the packed up parts ready to be taken off witht he engine rebuild... also shown are the std esc cos bumper and rear spoilers ... ready for me to offer up the wrc parts to see just how badly they fit!

new pulleys

here is the WRC front bumper... ive offered it up and supported by various odds and sods... i kept doing this as it needed a lot of adjustment. I had to keep cutting parts of it off to let it fit snugly around the morrettes.. here it is after most of the cutting and adjustment was made

not a bad fit so far on the edges.. where they are notorious for fitting badly with massive gaps

TO keep the sides secure, i had to modify the std esc cos lower wing mounts and add these threaded strips to secure.. works very well i might add.. holds it solid

whilst i was under the wing.. i found this.. does anyone know what the hell it is?

(behind drivers front wing)

i think ive now got the fit pretty spot on.. (5 hours later!) check how its aligned. spot on if you ask me

i decided to leave the front and go check out the rear... thinking the worst.. that it wouldnt fit.. i was suprised to see that it did

i cant be arsed to fit this just yet.. so it can just balance there for a while!.. back to the bumper

here it is all trial mounted, with all brackets made and mounting points made too. Cuts have been made and it all looks pretty good to me

these are just two of the brackets.. riveted to the panel holding it securely

pretty cool ducting, this shall have pipework attatched and directed straight to the air filter

where i had to cut away part of the bumper.. i guess wrc cars didnt have washer bottles

as i had the pro alloy gear in the garage, i decided to fit the intercooler to see how hard it will look in situ..

verdict?

fucking hard! :cry;

lots more to be done, but its dinner time and i may pop down to do a few more bits.. but thats the update so far......

thank you for visiting

ooops... how did this get in here