View Single Post
Old 19-11-2023, 06:16 PM
P-ssedrightoff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some photos of the resto on here as Si74. Loads more on the laptop. Came back from RJM after 3 months and a 1600 quid bill and everything they'd touched was a mess, Started twice and oiled the plugs, fuel dist. was knackered, brake pipes done by a Monkey, exhaust to turbo elbow on squint and stripped threads, goosed fuel gauge replaced with a whole shebang and a speedo showing 97K as opposed to the cars 64K, auxiliary air valve getting .3 of a volt and supposedly m.o.t,'d with 10 lbs of air in each tyre? Told me they were only doing me a favour as they didn't work on 'this old shite anymore'. Needless to say words were exchanged!
Up to do brake and fuel lines, underside was stripped to bare metal, two coats of Rustabond, two coats of some extortionate oil rig paint that was more orange than red, two coats of Radiant Red, two coats of Gravitex then another two coats of Radiant Red, All the bits Ford couldn't be arsed to paint given the same treatment so the underside will probably outlast me,lol.
Will post some photos soon.