View Single Post
Old 19-11-2023, 05:55 PM
P-ssedrightoff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that, think I can get the alignment done locally. As to selling as is, given I've spent two years and a load of money and effort replacing near everything with new parts, had a few chancers trying that tack and looking to pay half what it's worth when all it's needs is a tuner that knows these cars..
If Stewart at SP Autobhan won't do it for me, p.i.t.a. but will trailer it to Blackpool.
When I had my last Black one, took it to MV to fit a new exhaust, came back from Offshore, collected it, seemed taking nuts of the studs was to much hassle so just
screwed the studs /nuts back into the head and stripped four or five of the threads in the head. A load of hassle I did not need since I could have done the job properly myself and was very near fisticuffs when I complained!
Tried Falkland when in Glenrothes years ago to tune it, mixture when checked in my mates local garage was so weak, was lucky to get it home, return visit with a Big mate and a baseball bat at least got me my money back.
Tried AVA and told them I wasn't interested in what power it made just wanted it set up, went mental on the rollers and the head gasket went a week later.
For years Derek at RJM was brilliant and it ran 16 p,s.i. sweet as a nut. He went and left them without a feckin clue.