Old 10-02-2020, 09:01 AM
Ross-YB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car originally came with manual adjustment non colour coded mirrors, I had replaced these with the colour coded / electric adjustment a while back.... But my car never had the wiring so I just adjusted by pushing the glass for the last 2 years :laugh:

Decided it was time to finally sort the wiring, So purchased 2 complete door looms and 2 interior covers with the switch.

To change them the complete door needs stripping, So door card off, Glass out, Inner door card containing the window reg/motor all need removing.

All that sorted it was time to plug the mirrors in, To discover Ford changed the loom connection in very late 2005 and my mirrors were the early ones. :spin:

So a quick message to Mark at MS Fiesta dismantlers and had the correct set sent over,

And in typical fashion, the coloured covers although look identical have different clips so I now have black mirrors which was suggested by someone above. :laugh:

Insert the 2 missing fuses (Adjustment and heating) and your done.

Looms I have fitted also do 'Powerfolding' so that's another thing to figure out eventually as it's not plug and play.

Have been after a set of ST seats for ages, non existent in Ireland but I was in the UK in August so brought a set home with me.

Now ST seats are the exact same as a Zetec S seat except for 2 differences.... The obvious ST logo AND the fact they are heated!

Most would just bolt these straight in and be happy, I did this :laugh:

Heated bases with wiring, side plastics and switchs removed.

My existing leather was marginally better condition, So I had an upholsterer swap my current leather onto the new bases. Leather I'm using is on the left of pic.

Add my existing seats and new heated bases together, and you end up with heated Zetec S leather. Ford never offered it as an option for some unknown reason considering they had all the bits to do it.

Added an ST gearknob, Leather finish instead of Zetec S hard plastic Feels much nicer in the hand.

Also added silver interior grab handles from an ST, Mine were just standard black plastic.

Interior is pretty much done now, Just need an interior mirror from an early Mk3 Mondeo if anyone has one.