View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Badman38
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HeavyOil
Hiya, just read through this forum and I must say I'm bloody shocked by how much time and money you've put into this engine. I own a Focus with a GTD12 hybrid and she makes about 170bhp and 360nm. This was very easy and cost about £2k to do, so I do wonder how much you've plowed into your Fiesta?

How's the build going now? Is the 300hp target attainable? Are you expecting more now you've got the new turbo? I must say I've never seen a compound charged DV6 before and I admire your bravery and tolerance to power through, I nearly gave up when my paddle clutch started slipping and that's nothing compared to what's gone wrong with this build. I assume this car isn't road legal?

Keep up the good work, man, I'd love to see her quarter mile when she's done!
Hi

The rebuild is going good new set of pistons have been machined to move the oil squirters over to the hot side of the piston and valve cut-outs, currently getting a triple ceramic coating. I wanted to change the cams the oem pair are hollow with press fit lobes and gear, too much of a risk to use in this engine I've seen cams where the lobes have moved bending the valves and literally destroying the engine, Newman are making a custom billet set for me keeping duration the same but increasing lift these are on a six week lead time which goes for most of the custom bits on this car............ lets not talk about cost I had a budget but that's been blown into space, several times I thought of stopping this project which is very unique, there is a compound charged diesel fiesta using twin turbos but the engine is standard, we have come across many issues in terms of restrictions that you have to overcome to achieve big power, 300hp should be an easy task the turbo can flow over 400hp then the air is getting compressed again by the supercharger should see 60psi at the manifold hopefully we manage the heat so it doesn't become too big of a problem,
The following users liked this post:
rsseko (27-01-2020)