View Single Post
Old 27-06-2019, 08:30 AM
bob le routier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
You can probably move the whole pedal box a few mil as well but that would mean ovalling the holes and somehow re-sealing the bulkhead
Why not, it may be an option.

Hi and welcome.
Do you need to remove the ABS unit to get the hart in there? If not surely you can add the nut to the thread and then add the plenum? (seems to simple so assume you cannot)

If not I think you need to remove the thread and have it drilled and tapped for a bolt to go in - surely that would give you the room.

I tried by removing everything between the plenum and the cylinderhead including all the studs. I haven't removed the ABS unit. On the two first pics, the plenum is set, the only question is about the room to put all the studs in the cylinderhead threads.

If I am worried about the clearance it's about the engine movements. As you can see, I got about 2mm of clearance.

OR I wonder if Mark Shead could tell us if it would have a dramatic negative affect to machine a dimple in to the inlet to allow clearance, maybe have a few mill skimmed off the flange face of the inlet where it meets the head as well?
I am afraid about fragilizing the plenum. For LHD, Oppliger made a plenum with a thin bottom:

Few pics of my car:

Last edited by bob le routier; 27-06-2019 at 09:14 AM.