View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 11:26 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by knights19
The centre diff has 2 parts. Epicyclic gearing to give the split and the viscous coupling to transfer drive when the is a speed difference front to rear. I could get a stiffer viscous but that won't change the torque split and would likely burn out as I get so much slip/ speed difference.
I could put an LCD in the front to stop the one wheel spinning but likely would get both spinning instead as there's no weight on the front, giving more understeer.
Gotcha

I have Quaife ATB in the front of my Pug Cos (engine in front) and then Supra LSD in the rear and it drives pretty well although doing a 3 point turn feels like the handbrake is on. I just wonder if the slip could be reduced with an LSD but it might need to be set quite loose...as you say it is light on the front. It seems like one of those age old modified car compromises / frustrations, I have experimented with so much on my car and people thought I was daft as every time it was nearly finished I took it all apart again but I am confident I will get close in the end and I enjoy the journey (sometimes)