Old 06-02-2018, 01:11 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
That is very good value!

Does anyone know if the Standard ECU reads that lambda probe?

I would change it out anyway, maybe it is causing some of the issue that the OP is experiencing.
Yes L8 (WITH the correct calibration will) this is the only difference between 'green' and 'red' top ECU's.

Earlier cars had the sensor installed and the others prior to this had the wiring installed.

Originally Posted by 4x4kiwi
As this is a 92 4x4 it would be a green top and the lambda sensor would be standard. I really don't know anything about the system as mine is a red top but I wonder if the ECU doesn't get a signal from the sensor if it doesn't just revert to open loop operation in which case the car would still run O.K. but the fuel consumption would be higher off boost. I am sure one of the tuners on here could confirm what the symptoms of a disconnected lambda sensor would be. As for the fuel pump - a Bosch 044 is a higher flow pump usually fitted when increasing the output with higher flow injectors etc. They usually just use loop terminal ends. As far as I have been able to find, the original terminals as shown in your photo (The ones you squeeze the two little tabs to release) are no longer available new, but you can also use the loop terminals on a new loom on the original pump (which I suspect yours still is.) Cheers David
I'm with you on this, i.e. it reverts to open loop.

As you say earlier models had the Lambda installed and some just the wiring, but I assume they all had the same calibration and so they just wouldn't be running C/L.

Like you say, it would be great to hear from Stu etc.

Martin