View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Arwel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We started at car 29 on the WWRS Jaffa Stages on the 30th of December. Conditions were very tricky with not much grip and lots of standing water. Added to that we are using a standard gearbox with no LSD we knew we would struggle for pace.
SS1 was taken cautiously to suss out the conditions and it left us down in 41st position and 10th in our class. SS2 we upped the pace a little and climbed 10 places one stage to reach 31st and 6th in our class. I was getting more confident and set my self a target of top 20 overall and try and crack the top 3 in our class.
Unfortunately it all went a bit wrong on SS3 where a little too much speed through a rough section saw us puncture the front right tyre, I didnt notice until attempting to slow and turn for a tight right hand corner where the car didnt want to do what I wanted it to do. All I could do was grab the handbrake and attempt to turn it in but we ran out of road, hit a kerb and bent something on the rear. Hoping its just a stub axle but could well need a new rear beam. A strip down will start in the next week or so.
The car was crying out for a LSD in the slippy conditions so the plan is to source one sooner than intended.
Here is some incar form SS2 which give a good indication of the conditions.