View Single Post
Old 28-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by M K
Hi Toby

I have emailed Bara and he gave me a price on a new thick wall cased gripper front diff costing about £2300 inc vat

I am starting to prep the car for sprinting and hill climb regs and they are all standing starts so will be a lot harder on the front diff hence me wanting to update it but as you said and Bara mentioned to me in the email it's the CWP that breaks normally but as I really don't want to change back to 3.6 diffs I don't have much choice it seems
Yeah, thats a bugger.

I asked bara if the CWP breaking is likely to damage anything else such as the diff and he said it unlikely but you don't want to ruin a race meeting with that going pop.

Have you got a standard open diff in the car now?

If you are going with the Sequential box surely you could then get drop gears to suit a different diff ratio or are you sticking with Skyline now?

If you are going racing with the Skyline box I think the shift speed will annoy you and you are going to end up dinking the syncros sooner or later and once you get the racing bug it is only a matter of time before a sequential goes in there.

Last edited by Caddyshack; 28-06-2017 at 11:44 AM.