View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 07:30 PM
jonfoc
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 272 Likes on 256 Posts
Default Focus RS MK1 with WRC influence

Well I guess it's about time I started a thread on the focus I've been working on. I started it years ago as a single man but marriage, twin boys etc really slowed it down.
I got the car to a rolling unit days from being taken to the garage for final checks and start up. One day I opened the door and I wasn't happy with the cage. So I stripped it and started again. When I say I started again I mean Mark at MK Motorsport. Now I know this will stir up a hornets nest but can we please keep my thread clean and keep your criticisms to the car not Mark.
I'll show a few pictures now with a few words and see how we get on

I suppose a cage was I good start so I opted for a tig welded item. Plenty of bars to keep me safe

Double door bars with vertical yet to go in

WRC spec top mounts and turret mods. Marks work is amazing

Once again amazing skills

Don't worry about the v bar it's only placed in and will be central when welded

Hand fabricated gusset on the windscreen pillars

I decided I needed a pedal box . I asked mark to put in a WRC spec one with mounting plate

ROLLED IT!!!! It's the only way to get the welds right I'm told

Some of my favourite pictures these next ones. I opted again for a WRC top mount in the rear. This time the oval type. I'm hoping to convert to rwd in the future so I future proofed it

More nice welding

Bespoke rear turrets

Here's the little beauty that bolts to them

No guess work here. Bang on plumb!

Nicely in place and being welded and patched tomorrow. That's all for now. I hope you like it. Please keep your comments in relation to the car. Mark has made a great job so far and credit where it's due here!