View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Cosnada
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well I thought I was going to bag a bargain. Not a skinflint but if things can be done cheaper then I'm up for that. Like I said the ecu and loom would have come in at £750 so well worth posing the original question.
Glad I posted as it does seem that there is a little elitism going on. I'm not slating anyone's car or business here but I can only go on what both parties have written in this thread.
If I chose to buy and ended up taking my track car to the most helpful place I know (I'm sure there are others) who deal with Autronic I would have ended up in the same boat.
My car would be safe but I'm sure things would have cropped up as they do and if that was the case a call to say xyz and do you want them rectified would have been expected.
I want an enthusiastic approach to my car and for a mechanic to understand issues, accept them and probably fix them. Maybe not in the original scope but shit happens.
It reads that it is proffered new parts fitted to a clean car - not a world I live in as I thrash my car and have fun - what better way to see it used. It's lucky if it gets washed let alone a Polish. That is not because I don't care but what is the point? It still looks good and as for throwing money at it - I stopped counting at £20k in 2003 lol.
I was very tempted to go Autronic and the hole hog of a BW twin scroll with matching fanymold and go for the 600bhp package.
I love the old school stuff and especially the touring car days. This is why I will probably stick with the T4, 8 injectors etc as it gave a good 550bhp back in the day and can still do it today. The lag is not an issue either, it adds character to the drivability and challenges my driving capability. I did like the thought of a progressive power delivery from early on but I don't need it so much because if the gearing is right I'm going to be flat out most of the time anyway.
I have most of the kit to do this and so will continue. I was very tempted and nearly changed direction. I am thankful this thread unfolded.
Good luck to both parties!
The following 2 users liked this post by Cosnada:
Adam-M (20-05-2017), lee2cossies (20-05-2017)