View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Robsters
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the prick could of got it resprayed sliver for £100 that what he told me but his wife demanded whole new bumper from bmw dealer which cost almost £1000 i also did not have that kind of money at the time as i just got back into uk after being stuck in my wife country (long story) just started a new job i did not have £800 lying around plus i had my 1st child on the way i told him all this, but no no he had to have new bumper put on as respray might not fully match the other sliver even though it was a piece of plastic at the bottom of the car.... so yeah he was a prick.... even the insurance company did say at the time even though i was technically in wrong as i went into the back of him they did say if you were clear to pull out then why was he not clear to pull in at the same time? that i will never know he said he hesitated to go because he saw a car up a head coming down the road very fast (either that or he was busy on his phone) but the truth is he did have time to pull into same road i was pulling out from but obv still my fault for not seeing him in time (i have seen worse accdident in same spot a few month back with 3 cars written off so i count my blessings as it clearly a accident hot spot as its impossble to pull out as road is 60mph speed limit) but my first and only accident and i am a safe driver! The fact that no car was written off tells you that it wasnt a very bad accident in scheme of things, i was truely unlucky to hit such an expensive car and yeah your right i will most likely be paying for more for years to come now but insurance quote i got after accident only went up by £20 so i did not see it being higher once i got back to a 2yr NCB, either way im stuck with same insurer for a while as they are only one giving me a decent quote at £430

Last edited by Robsters; 09-05-2017 at 01:09 PM.