View Single Post
Old 18-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Brickhouse
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks greatly for the informative reply mate.

Never knew the tax was £305......Shit, this government is out to sting us motorists.

GS300 sounds good. I was looking for an auto so this maybe the one. Been reading reviews and they are all coming up with how much better the Lexus is compared to its rivals of the 5 series beemer as that was another one on my list, an E39.....But it seems the auto boxes are terrible on them and cost a fortune to repair. Never been keen on Merc's, dont really know why! Saying the IS200....Looking at images on the net of them and the engines look fairly easy to work on? I love the dials, look like a Swiss watch from back in the 90's. My Mondeo V6 is averaging 22mpg which is around town and some A roads so cant think the IS200 would be any worse.....I bet the GS300 would be a tad worse though? Performance wise on my Mondeo...... Just under 10 seconds to 60 and a top speed of 132mph, so I reckon on par with an auto IS200. Also, reviews are saying that the standard sound system is meant to be great.....Must find one to test drive and maybe test drive a GS300, only thing that puts me off on the GS is the MPG and I think its bigger than a Mondeo, looking for a Mondeo or a bit smaller sized car.