Old 12-02-2017, 07:43 AM
Caddyshack
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1,031 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by markk
Something will break. You have rubber/plastic in the engine mounts and box mounts andca rotating shaft with a floating center mount bearing, of course you have movement and movement creates misalignment in any driveshaft.

I never speak without having experience. Been there done that.
Makes sense, I assumed the rest of the movement in the slider and uj along with the rubber centre bearing would take up any movement. I didn't think the donut / doughnut was supposed to be used to take up any flex like a uj as that would lead to it failing? (I think...but may be wrong). I thought it was only there to take up shunt for nvh.

I have the new donut so I can bolt it in as standard....just wanted to remove a possible point of future failure, I assumed the big torque had lead to the premature failure of the last one....that and also the previous mis alignment when my engine mount broke up and allowed the engine to lean over a bit.

I do appreciate all comments though as I appreciate most of you on here have far more experience than me and know much more....this is a learning project for me.