View Single Post
Old 17-10-2016, 11:43 AM
gingeRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

right spanner in the works......

went to VW at the weekend with the family, and visited ford after.

we sat in a new mk7 golf GTI at the dealers, talking specs with the (not very well) informed salesman. they didnt have any golf Rs in stock, the manager had one which was very handsome in blue but i think the GTI was a better looking car.

then we went back to view the Focus RS i had seen a week previous, problem! the Golf is WAY nicer inside, this is where i will spend most of the time. options are expensive on the golf, 8inch screen with nav is £1300, leather is £1750!

me and the ms both looked at each other guiltily and had to admit that the golf is better.

i know i haven't driven either, and will reserve judgement till i have but i could buy a mk7 golf GTI from the dealer that is 2 years old with the same spec for £20k thats £14k cheaper than the RS. i know they are not the same car though, a golf R would be closer to £25k (at 1-2 years old)

this is a spanner in the works, as i was realy impressed at the focus interior until i saw the golf....now it looks cheap and plasticky

ALSO for the mk3 owners out there, have you noticed how there is no padding between the metal frames in the Recaro shell seats on the side bolsters, you can feel them through the leather so wont be long before they are worn i would have thought!!