Old 15-10-2016, 12:38 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Brickhouse
Excellent help, thanks.

I must admit I did look up a Vectra Estate Auto! I had a Vectra B SRI V6 some years ago and hated it (I thought it was a C) There is a Vectra estate on Ebay at the moment and it is a 3.2 V6, so fuel costs maybe an issue but being that sized engine it must go well......But I wonder if it is like the Vectra B, any corners and you die I found straight line performance of my B to be good but handling was crap.

Also there are 2 more that have popped up whilst looking through Ebay......

A Scooby Impreza Wagon Auto classic shape, its to 2.0 Sport so the non-turbo.....Wonder how good these are on fuel, and if they go wrong how easy/expensive they are to fix as the engines look really strange, I cant even see the spark plugs on them from any of the engine pics?!

And lastly..... A Land Rover Freelander Td4 auto, again, I know nothing at all about these engines. Also it would be the first car I have ever owned that is high, dont know if I would like the ride height as always had cars fairly low to the ground?
I used to look after a Subaru sport for a customer and it wasnt the best on fuel but seemed robust enough. Its a flat 4 engine so the spark plugs are on the sides of the engine. The none turbo ones from my experience seem very reliable. I also look after a couple of td4 Land Rovers and there both autos. Apart from regular servicing I've never had to do anything major on them. The petrol ones on the other hand steer well clear!