Old 24-08-2016, 09:59 AM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
You need to drive the latest Spec car from a Top Tuner like M.A.Developments then you would realise that old school is just that 'OLD SCHOOL'. Car Performance is relative & ive had both old & new it really is Black & White difference. Im not talking Power here but response all 500bhp cars will wind up to a similar Topspeed but a latest Spec car will simply be gone on the road as it responds 800/1000rpm sooner.
That's purely personal preference though isn't it?

For many people, a huge part of the appeal of a Cosworth (and other turbo cars of the era) is that "old school" power delivery. It's part of the character of the car and the period. To them, if you take that away with a modern turbo and modern engine management, you've kind of taken away the car's soul.

I have a modern turbocharged car and it is devastatingly effective, there is little that will get near it on the road. It's 4WD, has a dual clutch gearbox and 300bhp with barely even a hint of lag. For an every day car, it's perfect. You can overtake easily and it can cover ground like a car from 20 years ago couldn't even dream of. I'm sure it would make several Cosworths off here with more power look a bit stupid in the real world but, it has about as much character as an Ikea shelving unit. There is no drama, no theatre, it just fucks off down the road. As I say, a great daily, but I certainly wouldn't have something like that for a "fun" car.

For some people it's about making something the best it can be, taking something flawed and making it efficient and technically "perfect", for others it's about enjoying the character of the car and how it makes them feel. A car's flaws can often be the reason why people love it so much.
The following 2 users liked this post by massivewangers:
cossynut2 (24-08-2016), MONSTER (24-08-2016)