Old 22-08-2016, 12:49 PM
TrevCos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default My Mondeo ST TDCI 2006 56 Plate NOW HAS 12 MONTHS MOT

Here for sale is my 2006 56 plate facelift Mondeo ST TDCIin stardust silver.
It has covered just over 102k miles (but I am using it all the time so that will go up), and 30,000+ of those miles I've done myself.
The car is in excellent condition throughout, and is not your usual tired old heap that's been thrashed to death. Is has Mot til 2017and the Mot testers always comment on how nice the car is, even underneath. At point of sale I will put a full Mot on it and pay for anything it needs to get that, although I doubt it'll need much, if anything.

When I bought it I had a new clutch and dual massflywheel fitted by a garage I trust, with receipt for just under £900. And apart from normal servicing and consumables it has literally not needed anything major and has been 100% reliable. I would happily drive this car anywhere and have total confidence in it.
The alloy wheels are always an issue on these cars due tothe way they corrode over time, and over the years as they've corroded ratherthan having them refurbished I've just replaced them with brand new wheels atgreat expense. There is just one that is getting rough again but still seals well, and I've replaced the original steel spare with an alloy too which is mint, so you might think about swapping them over if it bothers you.

I've had a Powerflow twin exit Catback exhaust supplied and fitted by a local Poweflow franchaised dealer, which came in at just over £500, and I replaced the rear bumper with a genuine ST220 one rather than hacking a hole in the original one. I had the exhaust made quiet a I use the car for commuting, but had the biggest exhaust tips thatwould fit and not catch on the car, and I think it looks brilliant. I've got the receipt for fitting so I guess if you wanted it a bit louder you could take it in and get it modified, but I like it as it is.
I've also fitted a good quality double din touch screen Kenwood head unit with bluetooth, and mounted a usb socket in the centre console, so it's easy to set yourself up with loads of music, which is also nice when you're commuting. And I've carbon wrapped the centre console and clock surround panel.

I've also had it converted to use flip key fobs, whichwas very expensive but really nice. It also has the original keys.

The miles the car does are virtually all motorway, so it gets regular good runs but is never thrashed, I just get it up to 70mph, put the cruise control on and that's it. The car drives totally and utterly straight, no shaking on the steering, crashes, bangs or weird noises. It really is that good.

I always use Castrol Magnatec 5/30 fully synthetic oil and do all the changes myself myself because when I've been to garages before they always overfill them. I'm a massive car enthusiast, so if I can do jobs on the car rather than taking it to a garage then I will, because then I know it's been done properly, and not rushed. And I've made a record of this in the service book. I'm just about to do another oil and filter change over Christmas, so that'll be done too.

I will just highlight the car was CAT D in 2013, but it was very minimal, I have photos and I'm surprised it was Cat D, but these things happen I guess. I know exactly what happened and can go into details for the prospective buyer.

I'm sure anyone that buys this car will be really happy with it, and I doubt you'd find a better one without spending a lot more. Andof course it's got some extras that most of them don't have.

Price is £2595. Genuine enquiries only. If you're just looking for something to do at the weekend or just out for a joyride please go somewhere else. This is a genuine sale of a really nice car that's been looked after by me, and I don't have the time to be messed around. I know you can buy cheaper ones, but you can also buy a whole load of trouble too, and with this you won't. And this has had the money spent on it both to keep it in good condition and to give it a nice spec.

ps The car is currently on my own cherished number, so that would need to be removed before the car could be taken. But I won't be removing it until the car is definitely sold. If it doesn't sell I'll just keep and run it because it just does everything so well.

I've not got many pics at the moment but will get some soon for anyone who is interested.

pm me or email me direct at tjatkin@ntlworld.com

Last edited by TrevCos; 13-01-2017 at 07:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
STEVEST24 (09-06-2017)