Old 02-07-2016, 06:24 PM
jontysafe
PassionFord Regular

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
Got the front hub off today so I can post the drive flange, calliper and disc to MK ready for the Wrc billet hubs etc.

I whipped off the front bumper whilst the car was on the ramp and offered up the airtec 100mm cooler, it fits really well after I cut a bit of room on the front panel for the mounting points to pass through, just need to fabricate the mounting points in the car. Now the boost tube points directly at the throttle body and I have enough room now for about 2-3 inches of ally rad to poke above the intercooler so that should get better airflow and now the airfilter can poke straight in to the front grille instead of hiding behind the front light so should be sucking in more nice cool air.

I saw 38degrees intake temp the other day so will be interesting to see if the inlet temps drop at all with the new cooler. Most of the time they were hovering around 20/25 degrees.
Some say, and I'm not sure of the science behind it, that 40 degrees is the best inlet temp. Something to do with fuel atomisation.