Old 12-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Mondi-DZK
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts
Default the joy of cosworth ownership... First time back on the road.

Allright
Today i was on the road to the yearly XR/RS meet. But sadly i never got there. When i left this morning i checked the car and everything was fine.

But after 2 hours driving, the heat temperature was going overheating in the red, so I slowed down and just as I stopped there was a hole lot of white steam coming from under the hood. It threw al his coolant out threw a crack in a hose.

So quickly opened it and it seems all of the steam was coming from a coolant hose with a big crack in it. I don't think there's anything wrong with the head gasket or engine but not sure. I let it cool down a bit and only started it (no driving) and it makes no strange noises or more white steam, it runs smooth so let's hope it's only that tiny little coolant hose.

So end of the day for me and 400 euros less just to get the car home. real tears...

There where a couple of other RS drivers that stopped asking to help, wanna say thank you for stopping/asking.

I'll get the car to the shop and keep you guys updatet in the next couple of weeks.

Don't know how to add a picture posting true my phone.

Last edited by Mondi-DZK; 17-07-2016 at 04:47 PM.