View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 02:39 AM
cypressbill
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta mk4 project

HI ALL. HERE IS MY NEW THREAD I THINK YOU'RE GONNA LIKE.
i brought my '97 mk4 fiesta 1.3 LX for £270 in october and i really want to turn it into something special. its the 1st car ive had in 10 years so my insurance is a bit pricey
ive been looking around for ideas over the winter and have come up with a plan. i want a fast road car which is easily adaptable into a rally car.
funny thing is i am not a mechanic, i used to be a chef so i'm very good with my hands and have an eye for the details, my motto really is if it aint perfect then i need to try harder.
i strongly believe that with the right research, tools, advice and willingness to succeed i can achieve anything.
i've changed brake pads, oil and spark plugs on my mk2 XR2 years ago installed car audio systems but thats about it. what can go wrong (he said nievely) lols

my plan is as follows:
bigger wheels 15"
LP tires 195/45/R15
lowered 40-50mm all round on fully adjustable springs and dampers`
polybushed all round
rear brake disc conversion
uprated front calipers, discs and pads perhaps from a mondeo or focus
sports exhaust system
mk5 zetec S front/rear bumpers,
side skirts and a rear diffuser which i'm gonna make myself
rear spoiler and front aero kit
1.7 Zetec puma engine 1st then 2.0 Zetec later on which will be super/turbocharged
ive got an idea for some different head/side lights `like on the american dodge charger, individual round lights set back with a big grill in the middle what do you think of my plan overall?

this is the car the day before purchase
Attached Images