McCloud 85
PassionFord Regular

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by COLEYST200
I would love to do my own tig welding . Stunning work mate
Thanks very much!

Originally Posted by Glenn_
Or dear please tell.

All the problems your having is down to the divvys who built/bodged it.
The fuel tank 'episode' is on its way! It's had a hard life for sure this car, don't think it's had much attention over the years and so it's simply just a case of knowing that everything needs looking at.

Originally Posted by original
Whilst I'm sure Dan could bore us all to tears with his findings and probably name and shame a few forum members, I know he is keen to put his (ocd) mark on it.

So think we should start to forget how bodged this was previously and start looking at how bloody awesome it is becoming! I'm lucky to get regular updates on this and I can assure you there is much more awesomeness to come....!
Thanks Paul, you have first hand heard all the problems with this thing and know the time more than anything I've spent on it so far.. Hopefully soon it will be a long way from where it was and therefore appear a different car!

Originally Posted by costina
Welding looks fine and tbh better than some so called pros.

Here is my practice runs after about 1.5 hours.

Think mine would be better when i use the foot pedal.
found doubleboost on youtube helpfull.

Paul
Those beads look nice and even, that's not bad at all for 1.5 hrs practice! Ben said the foot pedal made a massive difference in terms of being able to control the arc and therefore puddle size and heat into the aluminium. I really need to get up to speed with the TIG welder and do it myself! Will take a look at that on you tube. Thanks

Last edited by McCloud 85; 21-03-2016 at 11:38 PM.