Thread: cologne stroker
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2016, 08:41 PM
3door clone
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker
I looked at the Chrysler 3.3 pistons and they were my next chose after the 3.7/4.7 Chrysler pistons. They would require bushing the rod small end to fit the smaller gudgeon. Plus they are 0.020" taller in height so less to remove from deck.
It depends on what compression ratio you want to run. I'll measure the crown thickness of the 3.7/4.7 piston and let you know. I just looked on Ebay and the 4.7 pistons are $119US for a set of 8.
The crank needs counterweights machining down, I think it is about 0.500", can't remember exactly as it was done quite some time ago. Also the nose needs machining to take the 2.8 gear.
You may find my thread over at CapriPower forum worth a read in regards to fixing the fuel curve on the K-Jet also has my dyno chart in it http://www.capripower.co.uk/forum/in...-curve-solved/

I see what you mean about the prices of the pistons, I found two sets that use the global shipping programme which is cheaper to ship worldwide, one set at $108us and one at $119us only problem is both sets are 93mm only no oversize the cheapest set I found was $149us that uses global shipping so still cheaper than summit racing and their sets don't include rings.