Thread: cologne stroker
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2016, 11:53 PM
3door clone
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Stroker, did you use the std 2.8 or 2.9 rods? you said you reamed out the small end to make it a fully floating set up but the std 2.8/2.9 rods doesn't run any bushing as it's press fit did you bush the rod or just leave it unbushed? someone also mentioned using rods from a small block 302 v8 which I think needs narrowing of the width to fit but not sure of its length compared to std rods, with the 3.3 pistons they already have a oval bowl in them so compression should not be excessive, the bowls are 0.090thou but as they are oval compression should not be too low especially if the head bowl is left alone, read up on your thread on fueling and found it very intresting, I to exposed the allen key bolt under the WUR and when mine was set up it ranged from 14-1 @ 2k to 11-1 @ 6.2k so a bit rich through out the rev range but not engine destroying, did you get any power figures while on the rollers? mine is a 3.1cc with a 74mm stroke(2.9 offset ground) and 95mm bore and a piper BP285 cam, power recorded was 195bhp @ 5600 and 210 ft lb of torque @ 3400.