Thread: cologne stroker
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Stroker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3door clone
Hi, thanks for your reply unfortunately that crank is a later 8 bolt flywheel I need the earlier 6 bolt, I'm looking to run N/A, the info I have gathered so far is earlier 6 bolt crank, standard 2.8 or 2.9 con rods and mopar 3.7 flat top pistons which need the gudeon pin holes opened up slightly but not sure what deck height i'll end up with so don't know if block needs decking or pistons need decking or no machining at all
Well you live and learn I never knew they made an 8 bolt flange. Must check my spare crank that it's not a 8 bolter.
I used Jeep 4.7 V8 pistons in mine. They are the same as the 3.7 V6 piston but for some reason they are cheaper, plus the extra 2 pistons are good for using for dummy builds when clearancing the block, and believe me you'll be doing plenty of that.
I had to deck my block approx 0.032-0.035" to have the pistons flush with top of block.
I honed the rod small end to free float the gudgeon, the pistons come with circlips to retain the gudgeon.
The biggest problem is getting the compression ratio down to an acceptable level, there's not a lot of meat on the crown of these pistons. So I had a small bowl machined into mine, plus I opened up the combustion chamber.
You could of course run the piston down the bore and not deck the block, but I don't recommend that way at all.
I take it your using 2.8 block with K-Jet injection?

3.5L piston V's standard

Some of the clearancing required to the block

Last edited by Stroker; 22-02-2016 at 01:24 AM.