View Single Post
Old 29-01-2016, 06:42 PM
jim_robson
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Well it's update time for the saph. Since it went bang I didn't want to go near the car. I left it sat on my drive with a flat battery.

Ive learnt that the only way to properly repair a rusty roof is to fit a new one. The car has pissed in water over the winer, rear footwells soaked and all my leather had gone mouldy. I spotted this after about 2 moths of being sat. Opened the car up, looked at the amount of water and mould everywhere and just locked it back up and walked away. It pissed me off so much I just didn't want to touch it.

Last month I ran out of space at home so had to push the Saph into the garage. She's dried out really well which is good.

So this week I took my 200 block engine to bits, not great news there.

Pistons seemed to move a for bit in the bores and a few marks on the crank. So I stripped it down fully and took it over to ht Howard in Slough for them to have a look at what it needs.

Got a call from them today, a new set of rings may take up the play in the Pistons but ideally needs a rebore, crank is ok but ideally needs a grind and the flywheel need to be refaced.

So ive given the go ahead for 4 new oversized Pistons, all new rings etc, a rebore, crank grind and shells.

The bill is going to hurt, but i want it to last and I want it to be reliable because I drive like a cunt lol.

Engine comes out of the Saph this weekend, watch this space.