View Single Post
Old 28-12-2015, 09:37 PM
JoeyBoyden
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excuse me for muddling myself up now, but before I changed the brakes, I found quite a bit of play in the N/S lower arm so naturally I decided to replace it. What a job it turned out to be, a "30 min" job, ended up taking nearly 2 hours after both bolts holding the arm to the subframe refused to move. One eventually ended up snapping, and the other totally rounded off, so I took to removing the stubborn buggers by dropping the entire subframe. In the process, I got covered in the most expensive, difficult to remove underseal on the planet....

To my delight however, I found now the car drove very weird. The car would dart to the left under acceleration, then dart to the right off the throttle so I decided when I did the brakes, to replace the pair of arms. This has now cured the problem, which then meant I could get rid of those horrendous ling long ditchfinders that came on the wheels when I bought them and get some decent tires. I opted for some grippy, Toyo TR1 proxes which are fantastic in the dry and surprisingly good in the wet. With the 50 profile tires I had on before scrubbing at every chance, I decided to get some 195/45/15's which totally stopped the scrubbing and meant I could lower the car a bit more to set it up exactly how I wanted.

The car now stands like this and now that I've aligned it where I work, it drives absolutely brilliant and just has endless grip!

Last edited by JoeyBoyden; 28-12-2015 at 09:38 PM.