Old 20-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Roscopeco
P8 Managed S1 with ALS

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
I'll never get rid of them mate, I bought loads of new old stock parts to completely rebuild my Cat 2000 including genuine Schumacher bodyshell and undertray, wheels etc........... Going to rebuild them all and stick them in a nice display cabinet with some of my trophies

Yours look sweet mate, I haven't seen a Manta Ray in years. Iirc that's what the TA01 chassis was based on.

I remember those chargers with the dial on the front too, seemed like an eternity before the batteries had finished charging! Lol!

I gave up racing in the late 90's when I started college and then buying a real car took up all my time! Lol! Everything seems to have moved on so much since I stopped! :cry

I used to love my off road stuff but that pretty much all died out around where I am so I started racing on road with the SST but didn't really enjoy it as much as off road 
I think you gave up racing around the same time I did and for the same reason lol . Got to the age real cars were more appealing so the rc got ditched

Funny though always fall back into it and want to race again this time hoping I do actually get back into it , but as you say things have changed a lot . The cars are still the same albeit newer designs but the electrics are totally different . Back then a £60 nicad would last a race at full peak but now the lipo batteries cost 3x that and will do 3 races on one charge .

Everything has got rather expensive too , remember the top speed controls being £150 ish .... Novak cyclone , lrp ipc v6 etc etc ..... Now top spec gear is double that