View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 08:19 PM
3doorcozmess
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinshaw
Hi all I want some advice from people who have been here & done it.....

I've got a saph cos 4x4 running 336bhp at mo on standard T3, greens, RS 500 cooler-rad, group A air filter, samcos, 3bar, msd chip, msd new wiring loom, 044 fuel pump, msd wring loom to pump, group A head gasket, breather system, etc

I've got a brand new T34/63 & a set of Siemens 55lb injectors to go on, it will b going to msd to get it all fitted & set up.

But
1. Is it worth doing, ie how will it drive different , coming on boost etc as I drove it round with a stage 1 270bhp for 12 years & when msd did the stage 3 I couldn't believe the difference!! In fact I still buzz off it 2 years on....

2. Will I need anything else doing to the engine while its there?? As it's the original engine totally standard apart from the above (62.000) original miles, will it need long studding? As I've already spoke to gears about the gearbox upgrade & quife rear diff, front has strengthened plate in & he said that will b fine. Sorry 4 all the questions but I'd like to hear off people who have been here & done it maybe regretted it & so on....? I will talk to stu obviously but I'd like a bit of feed back 1st.
Cheers Lee
I'd say your T3 must be doing its bolloxs. Achieving that amount of power from at T3 is impressive. Changing your injectors and turbo I'd say you will see about 370 bhp it will feel a little more laggy but it will be stronger in higher gears, 3 gear will feel a lot stronger as the T3 runs out of puff. Gearbox should be fine I ran 415bhp and was ok. It's the hard launching that kills them.

Last edited by 3doorcozmess; 09-12-2015 at 08:29 PM.