View Single Post
Old 25-10-2015, 09:26 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default are cars worth it?

it's probably the drink talking but i've been having a think and i'm not sure they are

i've got 3, my going to work mk4.5 fiesta, my normal everyday mk6.5 fiesta, and the car i spend money on but never use, the mk3 mondeo estate

now my mk6.5 does 40 mpg on the days i take it to work, it's nice and quiet, can park it anywhere, all the mod cons, even cheap to insure

the mk4.5 is batter and rattly, but works mechanically well, again does 40 mpg on the work run and i can park it anywhere without worrying about getting a new knock or ding

which brings me to the mondeo, it's massive, rides brilliantly, only let me down twice in 9 years of ownership (fuel pump and alternator) other than the times i've fucked about and kept it broken

yet it's so big it won't fit in most car parking spaces, i'm always paranoid about leaving it anywhere, it gives me half the mpg on the odd day i've taken it to work and it costs £700 a year just to put on the road

so after all this, is it just me or do you have more fun in a little shit box car than in a big motor?

i'm considering breaking the mondeo but it's SUCH a nice car i don't want to do that as i love it like a 4th child

or maybe it's just the :c ry: