View Single Post
Old 21-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts
Default 978bhp/773ft-lb M.A.Developments engine.

Alongside the development of my engine Markis doing a similar Spec with the Evo engine. Last Saturday he rang me to say ithad made 931bhp/740ft-lb torque at 3bar of boost the fuel used was 109. FTWfuel was not used because the car ran out of Fuel Pump capacity. The mods toimprove the head gasket integrity I have on mine also worked with no head lift orloss of water. Having studied the DataMark decided the 109 was not maxed out so he wanted another crack.
Today Mark was back with the EVO to totallymax out 109 ron race fuel. He added as much ignition as possible & ran asweak as was safe & made (wait for it) 978bhp/773ft-lb. Hes just rang me & is purring like akitten. The aim with this car is to now fit a Fuel Pump Voltage Booster &use FTW Purple the same combo will be used in mine. Another 2.3% more Power isneeded to crack the 1000bhp & FTW tends to make around 5/6% over 109 so itlikes likely to sail over 1000bhp on a 9180.
Mark is now going to get mine built readyfor the Dyno & wait until December before having another crack with theEVO. He wont be drawn on mine but said if our latest head gasket integrity modswork, Power wise the YB fares well against the EVO. Im now getting a tad excited not good for an old sod as the prospect of aground breaking street roadable YB with close to the magic 4 figures.
Its taken a long time Mark but this isuncharted territory for a road mannered YB & im now getting rather excitedabout mine lets get it built.