View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 08:26 PM
chris cdti
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bailes1992
I don't understand the logic in trying to thrash a car to clear a DPF. It just won't work.

You need the engine at a reasonable speed 2000rpm - 3000rpm with a low load... say cruising down the motorway at 60mph.
That way there will be an abundance of oxygen left in the cylinder to aid the regeneration process.

Caning the car down the motorway will stop the car even trying to regenerate and won't get the exhaust anywhere near hot enough to help it burn off the soot.
I always used to take them for a run down the A556 in either 4th or 5th depending on gearbox so the engine speed at 70mph was over 2500rpm. By the time I had got.from Davenham roundabout to Sandiway golf course the dpf had done its regeneration.
I would have Tech2 or MDI depending on car type connects so I can see the data list and the temperature etc.
Although from what I can remember from one of the TSB's was "once a regeneration has been successfully completed a vigorous road test is recommended and some light smoke may be seen from the exhaust after the regeneration"