View Single Post
Old 27-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Sierrasideways
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 49 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
low spec cars had a basic loom, as in no electric windows or power mirrors etc, the high spec looms had all the wires in place to run these things plus air con and abs etc there was another loom altogether for the ghia cars with the door open stuff and lights, but in the 90 spec facelift when they fitted the factory alarm these pins were also used to trigger the alarm so there was much less of a necessity to have the redundancy built in to the loom rather than just the fusebox where the different systems were simply plugged in

as far as fixing the box, the normal way is to remove the dash and then unscrew the fusebox from underneath and then, once you'd stripped the entire loom, feed it through the hole int he panel where the box fits

looking at the picture you may be able to access the clips in order to remove the wires from the box itself without all that hassle, but some wires just won't budge

i wish you luck
I'll need it haha

I had more pics but deleted them.

Anyway yes I can pull the fusebox up out of its holder, feed it out under the scuttle panel and rest it on top of the the black panel at the back of the engine (can't remember the name of it) I can also see all the connections underneath so hopefully can just pop out the ones that are at fault and have a look at them. Maybe clean up and refit.

Ideally I wanted to remove the offending fuses and wires and just put a fuse holder in. I've done this for the one above the fogs, it's the interior blower for the heater and it's fine after doing it. The problem started when I went to do the other 2, fogs and rear heated screen I believe and there was only 1 wire going to 1 side of the fuse, in both cases That's where the confusion arose

Anyway I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Dojj, your help is much appreciated.

Philip.
The following users liked this post:
dojj (28-08-2015)