View Single Post
Old 27-08-2015, 08:13 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vauxhall Zafira and DPF

Girlfriends Zafira broke down last night. Conked out. Wouldn't start.

Management light had came on at the weekend and luckily her neighbour used to work for Vauxhall so he plugged in his fault code reader and it came up with air intake problem. He said that means egr is stuck open. Fair enough. Told this to the RAC guy who came out. Took EGR valve off and it was full of soot and generally in a shit state. He cleaned it all up with various chemicals and got it to a decent state. Refitted. Started car and it fired into life.

However there is now a horrendous hissing noise from under the car. I can only describe it as an air line type noise at a garage. RAC guy was a bit puzzled and said it seems like there is a blockage in the exhaust. Not much gases coming out the tail pipe so seems logical to me. There is no power and even though she tried to drive it home it couldn't make it up a slight hill so had to get towed by RAC. I'm thinking blocked dpf rather than something in the exhaust. Has anyone had this before and can you actually clean/unblock a dpf? I will try and get a video of the noise this evening.