View Single Post
Old 27-08-2015, 12:14 AM
JoeyBoyden
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the car is now MOT'd for the year and on the road! With the cams the car pulls very well from 4k, there is a noticeable pick up in power over the last 2.0 MK3 I had. Plus this will rev up to about 6.5k and still have good power, unlike the last being out of puff around 5.5k. Overall quite happy with the build however I feel the engine is quite tired, it breathes very heavy and fills up my catch tank with oil quite fast. It doesn't smoke as far as I can see, but the catch tank soon fills (cheap eBay one might not being doing it any favours) Mondeo alloys have also been purchased, two need bead sealing but will get that sorted tomorrow. The car also after a few runs, does a 0-60 time of around 7 seconds, which for a 21 year old car isn't too bad. The next plans are to sort the niggly problems being, stupid rev counter that reads only 5k one minute then reads accurate the next, sort the steering column out which again, is stupid. I'll also be ordering some ST150 brakes on and hopefully a 4-2-1 like my last one. Plus I want to put a belt on it for peace of mind, was allegedly rebuilt but no proof so want to change that. Would have changed it when engine was out but couldn't get the damn pulley bolt off! Maybe once these bits are done, I'll look into carbs, would like the car to be able to hold it's own against modern hot hatches.