Thread: Ford Fair 2015
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 01:02 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay,
Dan I was just moaning at the way the ford scene is goiing it used to stand on its own but seriously its no different to any other scene now Im not blaming fordfair or the fact its like a bright orange and green cattle market as it is about the money for the organisers and thats what keeps them going but more number dont make a entertaining show

Ok perspective 9 tenths of the ford/rs scene was about performance now its about stance and stickers so we have gone from a bunch of power hungry knuckle draggers to a bunch of chavvy sheep lol and I love the st and the mk2 rs but ffsk lol
I think you're taking it out of context a little. All scenes evolve - they have to otherwise they simply die out. The slammed/stretched element makes up a very small percentage of the total number, and I bet there was less than 50-100 such cars at Ford Fair. Personally I think it's great to see people doing something a little differnet, rather than just rehashing the same old mods over and over and over again. While many of the cars weren't my cup of tea, I did find it refreshing to look at something differnet and appreciate the thought that must have gone into them. But I can totally see why they annoy some people. The beauty of Ford Fair is that it's so big that you can completely avoid the 'slammed stuff' and the rows of lookalike STs and still have a great show.

I guess there are still the same 'knuckle draggers' doing the rounds, it's just there's also bearded freaks and air-ride mincers in the mix now!

And as you've correctly pointed out it is, and always has been, a commercial venture - you can't make a show that size without having to pay big money, so it has to cost money and therefore any company willing to take it on, and take the financial risk, has to see a profit out of it. And as Kelsey are brave enough to launch new Ford shows (Ford Fest) they're also providing a platform for Ford fans to enjoy their hobbies.