View Single Post
Old 17-07-2015, 03:48 PM
visa_broke
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 329 Likes on 308 Posts

was with bell for around 7 years. Every renewal they sent the letter saying it had gone up X amount since last year, one phonecall later that amount would be discounted to keep my business. I was getting more and more fed up with the hassle and no savings so in the end I rang up and cancelled and told them they was a joke, compared to every other company (within reason) they was almost double.

Fast forward just over a year I get an email asking me to contact a company in regards to them. I ring the company and get told I owe bell money. They reckon I took out a policy and cancelled the same day and there was money owed to them. I said to the guy on the phone are they just stupid or trying there luck, why would anyone take out a policy, pay for it to be started and cancel it the same day? they'd at least get the first months worth out of it as they'd lose one month straight away (and also I think you get a cooling off period you can cancel it but not sure with insurance)

Guy on the phone couldn't really argue considering I still had proof i'd cancelled it before they reckon the new policy started and even had a response letter from them. Bunch of chancers which was a shame as i'd been with them a while and they was good in the beginning.